Monday, June 05, 2006

The Sense That Smells Trouble

There was an awful girl we knew,
She was a mighty pain,
Forever turning up her nose
At us in such disdain.
She'd a nose that could smell touble,
For it smelled all kinds of dirt,
Until one day she found a foul smell
Right beneath her shirt.
She held her breath with mighty strength,
Till she grew pale and grey.
But no amount of deoderant,
Would send the smell away.
She washed and bathed, scrubbed her skin
Till it turned wrinkly pink,
But nothing that she tried to do
Would rid her of the stink!
And so be smelly, dont be proud
That you can smell so well
Share the smells of all the smellies
Or things won't turn out well!

13 comments:

Sameer said...

Ha ha ha!!!
Real funny stuff.
Butu I guess the message in the last 4 lines is equally important as well.Never be so proud that it might lead to your downfall.
As always, A - class stuff...
Keep it up!!!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

a smelly wellie turns my tummy to jelly!
great fun poem miss.

Chamki said...

there is a little gift for you on my blog today. No its not a smelly sock.

Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Ha I sniffed out your blog-he he

Inkblot said...

oo that was cute
make em all scoot
cos she smelled like your
ten year old boot!

ignore the above bout of silliness- enjoyed reading you..:)

Shubhodeep said...

hehe, nice one!! wat went wrong exactly with your blog?? I see it has changed a bit.

btw, a story on my blog. come read!

Russell Ragsdale said...

You can't turn up your nose at this kind of poem! Fun stuff!

Pincushion said...

Now ain't it smart!
and wasn't that awful girl a tart!
and we promise
we won't ever befriend such
upstarts!

This is wonderfully clever Ms.Braganza:))

Nicole Braganza said...

Sameer-> Haha...I didnt intend to sound like the "moral of the story" irritating types....but oh well!

CJ-> Thank you kind sir!

Chamki-> Great idea....very heartwarming :)

Sue-> Does my blog 'stink' ?

inkblot-> Horrifying imagery!

Shubho-> My blog keeps running away

Russel-> :)

pins-> Nice.

finnegan-> thanks

Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Of course not Nicole, just checking for updates hint hint! he he

aa said...

You know what? I think you can actually publish your work and they would sell really well.

You have a very special gift.

this is me said...

it humbles me to comment on the blog of a stalwart. it really does. but, seriously, great poem. very vivid.

Nicole Braganza said...

Sue-> Love it when they come back for more!!

free spirit-> hmmm....*me lost in daydreams*

this is me-> who art thou? I think I have an inkling....let me fish you out!!! (u can cut the sarcasm really.....but thanks anyways :)