Monday, July 03, 2006

Playing at Poetry

Basketball and badminton
And football fill me up with dread
Now I've a game thats all my own
And its played in my head
An athletic adjective
Lightly leaps across the page
As prepositions prance around
A proper noun takes centre stage
A simile compares itself
To high and mighty metphors
Alliteration speeds along
Competing fiercely with its peers
You think my game is stupid
And perhaps that I am wierd
But oh, how I love poetry
The joy of playing with words

8 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

ah yes, but when will we be seeing a world cup or poetry olympics then?
;)

Sameer said...

For your sake, I wish they hold a Word Cup (Pun intended...) very soon.
;)
Good stuff, as always.

Shubhodeep said...

this is awesssssssome!!! forget about word/world cups, just keep writing!!!
(btw, appended a poem to the story. come read!)
p.s. u got messenger?? i think i received an offline frm you.

Chamki said...

hey this is real fun stuff, i like this game too, i have my own rules.

Roger Stevens said...

Hi Nicola. I'd introduce a couple of alliterations in the alliterations line and end with a rhyme. But that's just fine tuning.
A great fun poem.

And I'd re-type metaphor.

Hope you're well. How's college? Have you finished yet?

Best
XXX

Nicole Braganza said...

CJ-> We wouldnt be enjoying poetry as much, I'm sure if we had an olympics!!! :)

Sameer-> Ha ha :)

Shubho-> Did Read. Very good too. Yup, did get a tinkle from you.

Chamki-> I'll bet!

Roger -> Great to have you back on the scene at my blog. Did try hard regarding the aliiteration. will work at it :)

Sue hardy-Dawson said...

As possibley the least able sports person who ever lived I'm so with you on this he he

Nicole Braganza said...

:) Glad to have company :)