Friday, May 06, 2005

Poetry, Please!

Some of my childrens poems...

DANCING

Mum does Bharatnatyam
Sister does Ballet,
Brother goes out now and then,
To dance the cabaret.
Aunt Elma does belly dancing,
Uncle Fred, the waltz.
Even little poochie,
Does splits and somersaults.
Now if you ask me, I would say
My family’s off the brink,
My grandma was a “tap dancer”
Till she fell in the sink!


THE CATS WHISKERS

There once lived a cat of Manchow
Who was spiteful and snobbish and how!
When her whiskers were chopped
Her whole ego went flop
And all that was left was MEOW !


LADYBUG (haiku)

Lovely ladybug
Is going rather dotty,
Blushing a bright red.


- Nicole Braganza

2 comments:

Shubhodeep said...

extremely witty-- you have a unique talent for writing children's poems. Cheers!!

Nicole Braganza said...

How can I ever forget! Writing poems for everybody - not that I didn't thoroughly enjoy it!! haha