Thursday, May 19, 2005

Rain

The rain came like a blessing
From the glorious skies of heaven,
And it poured and poured
Tears of simple joy, crystal clear beads,
The earth soaked it in thirstily.
And I...the rich girl, with a beautiful house
Born to riches and spoiled with luxury,
I ran out and danced in the rain,
Free at last...from a promising future
That I could only see as a demon.
And then, when the rain let up
I felt the nip in the air, tingling my neck
And creeping down my spine,
I shared a quiet moment with the sweet man,
A man with no ambition and no desires,
We gazed above, as a rainbow smiled at us,
I looked on at the colours, as he whispered,
"Walk on my child and climb on high
But never miss the rainbow in the sky."

9 comments:

gulnaz said...

yes the rain is like is a blessing isnt it, good you enjoyed it.
your last poem makes me sad but its so true and its also so true!!!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

funny thing for an english man to admit to because rain is the one thing that we are not short of her but i absolutely love the rain. love the poem too.

Nicole Braganza said...

Gulnaz - The truth hurts. And yes, the rain truly is a relief from the sweltering heat in most parts of India.

CJ - Thanks. I love dancing in the rain. Have you ever done that? :)

Shubhodeep said...

nice poem as always...but bordering a bit on social commentary, don't u feel so?

. : A : . said...

I love the way you have written this bit,

"And I...the rich girl, with a beautiful house
Born to riches and spoiled with luxury,
I ran out and danced in the rain,
Free at last...from a promising future
That I could only see as a demon."

The rain sets you free.

:-)

Nicole Braganza said...

Shubhodeep-> It was intended to be just a personal experience that in its simplicity, left an imprint in my mind. Why do you feel so? Is it the last two lines?
Appreciate your critique.

Misreflection said...

" the man with no ambition and desire" offering his words of wisdom to the girl with a promising future..
The rainbow in the sky... there for us all. :)
Lovely...

Anonymous said...

NICOLE BRAGANZA??????
Sophia's???? i just CANNOT believe this. the world is miniscule.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I'D LIKE Y'ALL TO KNOW :- This lovely lady not only writes really well, she also plays the piano awesomely enough to make you wanna cry.
'Come what may' nicole? Malhar 2003? You and me, Remember? i always think of you when i hear that song playing.
i had NO IDEA Sara drew that well, they're beautiful...
fill me in, how's college, the nuns still try to drive you guys to suicide? i miss those days...
love,
Aley

Nicole Braganza said...

Aley Joseph!! Yup, this is me. Oh my god, where are you now? What are you doing? Send me an e-mail at bragnic@yahoo.com and I promise to reply with all the glorious and gory bits of news from Sophias!